Forced Entry and Doors
In Wyvern Rising home security could mean the difference between sleeping in relative safety or have intruders break inside. Otherwise a player might wish to batter down a door to get at foes or treasures inside. Below are the rules pertaining to Doors and how they are safeguarded.
Unless otherwise noted, all buildings are assumed to have Standard Doors and Standard Bars for their doors. The Iron Dragon Tavern is the only building with Heavy Doors and a Heavy Bar. Heavy Doors must be double doors. All barred doors must have a sign that says the door is barred.
A Staff Member or Director must be present to marshal any forced entry. The marshall will assign a RP time requirement to break a door. Otherwise, if you can cause enough Damage to the door using weapons or other abilities the door will be broken down.
- Standard Door: Requires the Strength of 2 people to break down, Soak (3) and has 30 Body.
- Barred Standard Door: Requires the Strength of 3 people to break down, Soak (3) and has 40 Body.
- Heavy-Barred Standard Door: Requires the Strength of 4 people to break down, Soak (3) and has 50 Body.
- Heavy Door: Requires the Strength of 5 people to break down, Soak (5) and has 50 Body.
- Barred Heavy Door: Requires the Strength of 6 people to break down, Soak (3) and has 70 Body.
- Heavy-Barred Heavy Door: Requires the Strength of 7 people to break down, Soak (3) and has 80 Body.
What is a Bar?
A bar is a wooden beam that fits in a slot on the door. There are two types of bars: standard and heavy. Bars add Body to a door as well as increase the Breakdown Strength. (As noted above.)
A Standard Bar takes 1 person to install. A Heavy Bar takes 2 people to install (or one person with a strength enhancement).
Since only two people can effectively attempt to break down a single door, a ram allows more participants to add their strength to the effort. The ram does no damage to the door, but has a strength equivalent to all of the combined strength of the people helping to swing it. Each person is required to hold the ram with both hands.